To register multiple teams, pleas complete the registration process then send the fee via Cash App to $robtaylorbpr
Tournament Sites & Locations
Otterbein University (1 South Grove St. Westerville, OH) (Grades 2nd, 6th-8th)
Worthington Kilbourne High School (1499 Hard Road Columbus, OH) (Grades 5th-6th, 9th)
New Covenant Believers Church (3400 Kohr Ave Columbus, OH) (3rd & 4th grades)
Event Promotional Video
Tournament Highlight Video
Dates: March 31st-April 2nd, 2023
Format: 4-team pools (3 pool games) with top 2 teams advancing to Gold bracket play and the bottom 2 teams advancing to Silver Bracket play. Three-game guarantee. We will be using Exposure Events for online scheduling and results.
Costs: $395.00 (Boys) Multi-Team Discount: $370.00
PAYMENT DEADLINE: MARCH 15th
Grades: 1st-11th (Boys) Location: Multiple locations around Columbus, Oh
Awards: Team trophies for champions and runner-ups. Individual awards for champions and runner-ups. All-Tournament Team plaques.
Hotels: (Click on Link) Crowne Plaza North
National Media outlets covering the event
Buckeye Prep Invitational All Tournament Teams (TBT)
Buckeye Prep Report Website
Tournament Rules: (Click)
All Tournament Team Selections Template
Prior Tournament Results:
-2018 Results 2018 Tournament Star Watch List
–2017 Results -2016 Results -2015 Results -2014 Results–2013 Results
2023 Buckeye Prep Report Invitational Tournament
- 2/14 minutes halves with stop & go clock (5th-9th grade) 2/12 minutes halves (2-4th grades). Clock runs with score 15 + in 2nd half.
- Three timeouts total (2 full & one 30 second per game). One extra timeout in the 1st overtime.
- Two-minute half-time warm-up.
- Game time is also forfeit time. No grace period will be allowed (Director’s Discretion).
- Three-minute pre-game warm-up.
- Only one coach at a time can be standing during the game.
- Fouls: Team fouls 7-9 results in a 1-and-1 situation (per half). Team fouls 10 or more results in a two shot penalty (per half).
- Scores tied after regulation will result in one two-minute overtime period. After the first overtime period, the 2nd 2-minute overtime period will be sudden death (Except in championship game).
- Other than the # of exceptions, current AAU age/grade exemptions rules will be in effect.
- If a player, coach or parent is ejected from a game for any reason, they are ejected for the rest of the tournament.
- The top 2 teams in each 4-team pool will advance to Gold Bracket/single elimination play and the 3rd & 4th place teams will advance to Silver Bracket/single elimination play. (In some divisions all teams will advance to Gold Bracket play depends on the number of teams in each division). 3 teams in 5-team pools will advance to Gold Bracket play and all 3 teams in a 3-team pool will advance to gold bracket play.
- Tiebreaker criteria:
- Won-lost record
- Head-to-head competition;
- Point system (+15 / -15). (Note -Regardless of the point difference, “winning margin,” no team will receive more than a plus “15” or a minus “15” for point differential. For example, if team “A” wins by 20 points, team “A” will receive a +15 for that game.) Also, only the teams involved in the tie will be subject to the following point system formula;
- Least amount of points allowed in pool games;
- Coin flip.
- Although we will attempt to provide clock operators, the home team will keep the official book and will provide a scorekeeper and the visiting team should be prepared to provide a clock operator.
- The home team is the 1st/top team listed on the schedule and will wear light colored jerseys and the visiting team will wear dark colored jerseys.
- We will be using a regulation-sized basketball (the big ball) for 7-11th grades only. The 4th -6th grade divisions will be using the smaller ball. The home team must provide a 28.5 sized game ball.
- Coaches must have birth certificates in hand in case of challenges. If a player is found to be ineligible, the player will be ejected from the tournament and the team will forfeit all games the player participated in.
22. For age/grade challenges, the team issuing the challenge must submit a non-refundable $200 fee.
Note: An All-Tournament Team and MVPs will be selected (by director) at the conclusion of the championship game. In addition, individual awards will be presented to the champion and runner-up teams.
Special note to Coaches
- You are responsible for the behavior of your players and parents! We’re not going to tolerate violence and madness from coaches, players or parents! We will be ejecting anyone who’s is out of control and creating an unsafe environment!
- Don’t bring kids who you know are too old or who does not meet our age/grade requirements! If one of your players is challenged and you don’t have grade cards or birth certificates that prove eligibility, the player will be ejected and you will forfeit games!
- Two coaches and a score keeper/clock operator will be admitted free.
- Each team must be prepared top provide a score keeper or clock operator to each game. The home team will be responsible for keeping the official score, and the away team must provide a cook operator. At Worthington Kilbourne, we will provide clock operators and maybe some score keepers.
- The home team is also responsible for providing a game ball.