New Covenant Believers Church (3400 Kohr Blvd Columbus, OH)
Dates: December 2nd-4th, 2022
Format: 4-team pools (3 pool games) with all 4 teams advancing to Gold bracket play
PAYMENT DEADLINE: November 25th
Awards: Team trophies for champions and runner-ups. Individual awards for champions and runner-ups. All-Tournament Team plaques.
2022 Buckeye Prep Report Pre-Season Shootout
- 2/14 minutes halves. Clock runs with score 15 + in 2nd half.
- Three timeouts total (2 full & one 30 second per game). One extra timeout in the 1st overtime.
- Three-minute half-time warm-up.
- Game time is also forfeit time. No grace period will be allowed (Director’s Discretion).
- Three-minute pre-game warm-up.
- Only one coach at a time can be standing during the game.
- Fouls: Team fouls 7-9 results in a 1-and-1 situation (per half). Team fouls 10 or more results in a two shot penalty (per half).
- Scores tied after regulation will result in one two-minute overtime period. After the first overtime period, the 2nd 2-minute overtime period will be sudden death (Except in championship game).
- If a player, coach or parent is ejected from a game for any reason, they are ejected for the rest of the tournament.
- All 4 teams in each 4-team pool will advance to bracket/single elimination play
- Tiebreaker criteria:
- Won-lost record
- Head-to-head competition;
- Point system (+15 / -15). (Note -Regardless of the point difference, “winning margin,” no team will receive more than a plus “15” or a minus “15” for point differential. For example, if team “A” wins by 20 points, team “A” will receive a +15 for that game.) Also, only the teams involved in the tie will be subject to the following point system formula;
- Least amount of points allowed in pool games;
- Coin flip.
- Although we will attempt to provide clock operators, the home team will keep the official book and will provide a scorekeeper and the visiting team should be prepared to provide a clock operator.
- The home team is the 1st/top team listed on the schedule and will wear light colored jerseys and the visiting team will wear dark colored jerseys.
- We will be using a regulation-sized basketball (the big ball) for 7-11th grades only. The 4th -6th grade divisions will be using the smaller ball. The home team must provide a 28.5 sized game ball.
Note: An All-Tournament Team and MVPs will be selected (by director) at the conclusion of the championship game. In addition, individual awards will be presented to the champion and runner-up teams.
Special note to Coaches
- You are responsible for the behavior of your players and parents! We’re not going to tolerate violence and madness from coaches, players or parents! We will be ejecting anyone who’s is out of control and creating an unsafe environment!
- Two coaches and a score keeper/clock operator will be admitted free.
- Each team must be prepared top provide a score keeper or clock operator to each game. The home team will be responsible for keeping the official score, and the away team must provide a cook operator.
- The home team is also responsible for providing a game ball.